Vietnam National University of Agriculture
NGUYEN THI BICH YEN
Department of Agroecology
Faculty of Environmental Science
Vietnam National University of Agriculture
Trau Quy, Gialam, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: 84-12 9857 5381
1991-1996: Hanoi University of Agriculture (Bachelor)
2005-2006: University of Queensland (MSc in Agricultural Science)
2008-2011: Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo (Ph.D in Agriculture and Environmental Biology)
1999 – present: Lecturer, Vietnam National University of Agriculture
2016 - present: Head of Department of Agroecology, Faculty of Environmental Science, Vietnam National University of Agriculture
Projects as Principal investigator:
- Assessment of Livelihood Vulnerability to Climate Change of the Ethnic Minority People in Son La province (Small Grand Fund from Australia Embassy). 2017-2018.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) studies of the SRI-LMB project in two provinces of Vietnam: Ha Tinh and Bac Giang (part of the project: Sustaining and Enhancing the Momentum for Innovation and Learning around the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in the Lower Meking River Basin (SRI-LMB)). (Agreement with AIT). 2014-2018.
- Nutrition and Food Security in Uplands of Vietnam and Thailand (funded by IDRC – No.107324). 2013 -2015
- Enhancing capacity in environmental protection, climate change mitigation and adaptation in Thanh Son district, Phu Tho province (FLC 13-01). 2013-2014
- Climate and Ecosystems Change Adaptation and Resilience Research (CECAR; project site in Nam Dinh province): Strategy to enhance resilience to climate and ecosystem changes utilizing traditional bio-production systems in rural Asia (funded by Ministry of the Environment, Japan). 2011-2013
- Sustainable Rainfed Agriculture in Tropical Asia Land use for Urban Agriculture: Development of model of improved rice farming and multifunctionality of rainfed lowlands with heterogeneous water environments in Cambodia (No. 20405019). 2008-2011
- Competing for water: Understanding conflict and cooperation in local water governance (Danida 104.DAN.8-1206, DIIS-23228). 2007-2008
- Nguyen Y.T.B., Nguyen M.D. (2019). Knowledge, Attitude and Application of Safety Measures in Pesticide Use: A Case of Tea farmers in Binh Thuan Commune, Dai Tu District, Thai Nguyen Province. Vietnam Journal of Agricultural Science. 17(7): 566-576 (In Vietnamese)
- Nguyen Y.T.B, Duong H.T. (2018). Application of livelihood vulnerability in assessment of climate change vulnerability of Thai and Hmong ehnic group: case study of Chieng Dong commune, Yen Chau district, Son La province. Sci. & Tech. J. of Agr. & Rural Dev. Special issue on Environment, Agriculture and Climate change: 129-137. (In Vietnamese)
- Nguyen Y.T.B., Kamoshita A, Dinh V.T.H, Matsuda H and Kurokura H (2017). Salinity intrusion and rice production in Red River Delta under changing climate conditions. Paddy and Water Environment. 15: 37-48.
- Leisz SJ, Rounds E, The An N, Thi Bich Yen N, Nguyen Bang T, Douangphachanh S, Ninchaleune B.(2016) Telecouplings in the East–West Economic Corridor within Borders and Across. Remote Sensing. 8(12):1012
- Ngo T.A., Tran H.M.T., Nguyen B.T, Nguyen Y.T.B. (2016). Adapting the Melon Production Model to Climate Change in Giao Thuy District, Nam Dinh Province, Vietnam. Tropicultura. NS: 50-60
- Kamoshita A, Araki Y, Nguyen Y.T.B. (2014). Weed biodiversity and rice production during the irrigation rehabilitation process in Cambodia. Agriculture, ecosystems and environment. 194: 1-6. Open access at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.agee.2014.05.001.
- Nguyen Y.T.B., Kamoshita A, Araki Y and Ouk M (2013). Water availability, management practices and grain yield for deepwater rice in Northwest Cambodia. Field Crops Research. 152:44-56
- Ravnborg, HM; Rocio Bustamante, Abdoulaye Cissé, Signe M. Cold-Ravnkilde, Vladimir Cossio, Moussa Djiré, Mikkel Funder, Ligia I. Gómez, Phuong Le, Carol Mweemba, Imasiku Nyambe, Tania Paz, Huong Pham, Roberto Rivas, Thomas Skielboe, and Nguyen Y.T.B. (2012). The challenges of local water governance – The extent, nature and intensity of local water-related conflict and cooperation. Water Policy 14 (2): 336-357.
- Nguyen Y.T.B., Kamoshita A, Araki Y and Ouk M (2011). Farmers’ management practices and grain yield of rice in response to different water environments in Kamping Puoy Irrigation Rehabilitation Area in Northwest Cambodia. Plant Production Science 14: 377-390.
- Leisz SJ, Ha NTB, Nguyen Y.T.B. (2005). Developing a methodology for identifying, mapping and potentially monitoring the distribution of general farming system types in Vietnam’s northern mountain region. Agricultural System 85(3): 340-363.
- Kamoshita A., Nguyen Y.T.B., Dinh V.T.H. (2018) Preliminary Assessment of Rice Production in Coastal Part of Red River Delta Surrounding Xuan Thuy National Park, Vietnam, for Improving Resilience. In: Takeuchi K., Saito O., Matsuda H., Mohan G. (eds) Resilient Asia. Science for Sustainable Societies. Springer, Tokyo
- Vien TD, Rambo AT, Dung PT, Lam NT, Nguyen TBY (2001). Community and Household Economy. In Cuc LT and Rambo AT (eds) Bright Peaks, Dark Valleys: A comparative analysis of environmental and social conditions and development trends in five communities in Vietnam’s northern mountain region. Political Publish House. Hanoi, Vietnam
- Phan L., Kamoshita A, Miyake T, Nguyen Y.T.B. (2017) Preliminary assessment of spatial variation in environment and management for rice production in coastal areas of Red River Delta, Vietnam. Japanese Society for Tropical Agriculture. https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jcsproc/243/0/243_41/_pdf
- Nguyen Y.T.B., Kamoshita A, Dinh V.T.H, Matsuda H, Kurokura H (2014). Resilience of rice production in Red River Delta under changing climate conditions. Japanese Society for Tropical Agriculture.7(1): 9-10.
- Dinh V.T.H, Kamoshita A, Nguyen Y.T.B., Matsuda H, Kurokura H (2014). Characterization of agricultural production in buffer zone communes surrounding Xuan Thuy National Park, Vietnam. Japanese Society for Tropical Agriculture.7 (1): 9-10.
- Koyama H, Matsuda H, Nguyen Y.T.B., Dinh V.T.H, Kurokura H, Kamoshita A (2014). Preliminary study on image of agriculture of Vietnamese children – Application of public goods experiment and attitude and behavioral modification theory. Japanese Society for Tropical Agriculture.7(1): 69-70.
- Koyama H, Kamoshita A, Matsuda H, Kurokura H, Nguyen Y.T.B., Dinh V.T.H and Roat M (2014). Comparative study of children’s image of agriculture between Vietnam and Cambodia. Japanese Society for Tropical Agriculture.7 (1): 67-68.
- Nguyen Y.T.B., Kamoshita A, Araki Y, Heng S, Lor B and Ouk M (2012). Transfer and adoption of improved rice production technologies in rainfed lowland villages in Cambodia. Japanese Journal of Crop Science. 81:20-21.
Nguyen Thi Bich Yen (2011)
Analysis of landscape level environmental variation and on-farm technological adoption for sustainable rice production in three rice ecosystems with contrasting water environments in Cambodia.
- Nguyen T.B.Y., Nguyen T.H.L., Nguyen X.X., Phan T.T. (2014). Agricultural production, food security and nutition in Yen Chau district, Son La province. Project IDRC-107324 Working Paper 2010:1
- Nguyen TBY, Phuong LTT, Huong PTM and Skielboe T (2010). Conflict and cooperation in local water governance – inventory of local water – related events in Con Cuong District, Nghe An Province, Vietnam. DIIS Working Paper 2010: 14.